- Jamaican High Commissioner visits Bangor University
15 August 2018
- The Mostyn Manuscripts: a Centennial Exhibition
24 July 2018
- Bangor University awarded grant to reveal contents of 17th century Mostyn letters
9 July 2018
- CALL FOR PAPERS: PATRIARCHAL PARADIGMS? THE ROLES AND EXPERIENCES OF WOMEN ON THE LANDED ESTATES OF WALES
12 April 2018
- RESEARCH SEMINARS – CANCELLATION
8 March 2018
- Read all news
- PATRIARCHAL PARADIGMS?
Sunday 25 November 2018, 08:45–16:30
- FOR WALES, SEE ENGLAND: GERMAN VISITORS TO WELSH ESTATES IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY
Thursday 31 January 2019, 17:30–18:30
- CULTURAL PATRONAGE AND THE MATERIAL WORLD OF THE WELSH COUNTRY HOUSE
Thursday 28 February 2019, 17:30–18:30
- View all events
The Institute for the Study of Welsh Estates (ISWE) is dedicated to promoting research into the history, impact and functioning of estates on a Wales-wide basis.
For centuries, estates have formed an important part of Welsh life. It was here that much of the social, cultural, political, economic and industrial fabric of the communities of Wales was stitched together. Their impacts on the history and landscapes of the nation have been profound, potentially unparalleled.
ISWE seeks to advance outstanding research into the subject and ensure that the knowledge we generate regarding Wales’ past is accessible and contributes constructively to its future.
If you would like more information about the Institute or details of forthcoming events, please contact us