- CALL FOR PAPERS: PATRIARCHAL PARADIGMS? THE ROLES AND EXPERIENCES OF WOMEN ON THE LANDED ESTATES OF WALES
12 April 2018
- RESEARCH SEMINARS – CANCELLATION
8 March 2018
- Research project to explore impacts of estates on the communities of the Ogwen Valley
22 January 2018
- The Rhug Project
27 September 2017
- The Penrhyn Project: 3 year PhD Studentship in the social and political history of north west Wales, c.1860-1980.
12 September 2017
- Read all news
- There are no forthcoming events in the calendar
- View all events
The Institute for the Study of Welsh Estates (ISWE) is dedicated to promoting research into the history, impact and functioning of estates on a Wales-wide basis.
For centuries, estates have formed an important part of Welsh life. It was here that much of the social, cultural, political, economic and industrial fabric of the communities of Wales was stitched together. Their impacts on the history and landscapes of the nation have been profound, potentially unparalleled.
ISWE seeks to advance outstanding research into the subject and ensure that the knowledge we generate regarding Wales’ past is accessible and contributes constructively to its future.
If you would like more information about the Institute or details of forthcoming events, please contact us